Living in the Present

Present: A moment or period in time perceptible as intermediate between past and future; now.

“The present was an egg laid by the past that had the future inside its shell.” Zora Neale Hurston

There are days when I wake up and before I'm out of bed I'm already overwhelmed with everything that has to get done. 

Living in the present is hard for a dreamer like me.  The only time I'm able to achieve it is when I am in the act of creation.  It is in those moments the buzzing of thoughts stops.  I'm not focusing or thinking about anything instead I allow my instincts to take over.  Releasing myself from the pressures of perfection and being secure in the training, experience and knowledge I have accumulated.  This is my heaven on earth.

Wynwood during Art Basel 12.2011

Wynwood during Art Basel 12.2011



Wynwood during Art Basel 12.2011

Wynwood during Art Basel 12.2011

Wynwood during Art Basel 12.2011


“You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” Henry David Thoreau


"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin." Mother Teresa


"All paths are present, always... and we can but choose among them." Jacqueline Carey


"Life is available only in the present moment." Thich Nhat Hanh


"Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering." Ida Scott Taylor



Synonyms: here and now, instant, nonce, now, present moment, the time being, this day, this time,at this moment, begun, being, coeval, commenced, contemporaneous, contemporary, current, even now, existent, extant, for the time being, going on, immediate, in duration, in process, instant, just now, modern, nowadays, present-day, prompt, started, today