Feminist Quotes from Strong Latinas

The world is full of strong brilliant women who have had to overcome.  Their stories are not found in history books so I'm sharing them here. They inspire me especially since there is so much we still have to overcome.  I find strength in their accomplishments.  Today I'm asking you to dream bigger and try smarter.  The world needs your voices.

I leave you with: Quotes from Strong Latinas



"Don't let the hand you hold hold you down.” Julia de Burgos, El Mar Y Tu



"When opportunity presents itself grab it. Hold on tight and don’t let go." Celia Cruz, singer





"I cannot complain about men. I have had tons of them and they have treated me fabulously well. But sometimes I had to hurt them to keep them from subjugating me." Maria Felix, Mexican actress



"I think Hispanic women are beautiful with their curves. I'm not sure who feels that way in Hollywood. I was never told to lose 50 pounds. If they think that they just don't bother with you. You just don't get the role and you never know why. That's still better than physically harming yourself and becoming unhealthy just to star in a movie." America Ferrera, actress



“I demanded more rights for women because I know what women had to put up with.” Evita Perón

“I know that, like every woman of the people, I have more strength than I appear to have.” Evita Perón


Source: google.com via Letty on Pinterest

"I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life." Justice Sonia Sotomayor = My favorite Wise Latina!



“I always believed that women have rights and that there are some women that are intelligent enough to claim those rights. There are some others that are stupid enough not to.” Shakira