Power

Power: The ability or capacity to perform or act effectively.

“There is no knowledge that is not power.” Ralph Waldo Emerson



Today I'm thinking about the power we each hold as individuals. Power is not solely reserved for elected officials, an individual action also creates ripples in the universe. I'm learning to be more conscientious of my actions. I try to do things everyday to make the world better because this world is mine and I do have a say. I hope you know you do as well. I try to do better ... I try to be better because I know I can make contributions that will lead to a better life for the children of this generation. In this large world and larger universe we all hold power.





“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any.” Alice Walker


“Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me.” Napoleon Bonaparte





“Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” Blaise Pascal


“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” Jimi Hendrix

"I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death." Robert Fulghum