Preservation

Preservation: the activity of protecting something from loss or danger

"I'm not interested in preserving the status quo; I want to overthrow it." Niccolò Machiavelli

 


Everglades Florida Tamiami Trail
"I love libraries. I love books. There is something sacred, I think, about a great library because it represents the preservation of the wisdom, the learning, the pondering, of men and women of all the ages accumulated together under one roof to which we can have access as our needs require."
Gordon B. Hinckley

I love libraries and books too. I'd love to see the media industry open up to diversity.  I'd say 90% of the worlds stories are missing.

Everglades Florida Tamiami Trail
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Hunter S. Thompson


Everglades Florida Tamiami Trail
"In wildness is the preservation of the world."
Henry David Thoreau

I'm not interested in preserving life as we know it.  I want everything to change.  The only things I want to preserve is a healthy planet, flora and fauna.  I will not allow the city beast destroy voraciously out of greed without consequence. It is our duty to guard and nurture natural land preserves as well as create water preserves.   Entire industries could be erected to provide jobs with a little effort . . . 

Some of my thoughts as I walk about consuming the beauty of our planet and noticing its fragility.  We are all responsible for the things we do and the things we do not do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Every time we burn a gallon of gas or an acre of rain forest, aren't we killing the future to preserve the present?"
Chuck Palahniuk

"A lie preserved in stained glass doesn't make it more true."
Saul Williams

"For business reasons, I must preserve the outward signs of sanity."
—Mark Twain

"The joy of writing.
The power of preserving.
Revenge of a mortal hand.
"
Wisława Szymborska
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Synonyms: care, conservancy, conservation, curing, defense, evaporation, freezing, guard, guardianship, keeping, perpetuation, pickling, preserval, refrigeration, safeguard, safeguarding, safekeeping, safety, salvation, saving, security, shield, storage, support, sustentation, tanning, upholding, ward,