Boldness

Boldness: 1. Fearless and daring; courageous. 2. Requiring or exhibiting courage and bravery.

"Begin, be bold, and venture to be wise."
Horace





"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!"
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe



"Most obstacles melt away when we make up our minds to walk boldly through them."
Orison Swett Marden





"Freedom lies in being bold."
Robert Frost



"Great boldness is seldom without some absurdity."
Francis Bacon



"One by one they were all becoming shades. Better pass boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion, than fade and wither dismally with age."
James Joyce




"Let us be the ones who say we do not accept that a child dies every three seconds simply because he does not have the drugs you and I have. Let us be the ones to say we are not satisfied that your place of birth determines your right for life. Let us be outraged, let us be loud, let us be bold."
Brad Pitt



"Forgive me for startling you with the impetuosity of my sentiments, my dear Scarlett—I mean, my dear Mrs. Kennedy. It cannot have escaped your notice that for some time past the friendship I have had in my heart for you has ripened into a deeper feeling, a feeling more beautiful, more pure, more sacred. Dare I name it you? Ah! It is love which makes me so bold!"
Margaret Mitchell (Gone With the Wind)


Synonyms: adventurousness, bravery, chutzpah, courage, daring, dauntlessness, determination, fearlessness, nerve, recklessness, audaciousness, enterprise, fearlessness, guts, intrepidity, nerve, rashness, valor, venturesomeness